Book Your Stay
Minimum 5 night stay. Maximum 14 night stay.
Rates include food, lodging, and all on-site activities!
Prices noted are exact. There are no additional fees or taxes.
Please read this entire page carefully before booking your stay. We also recommend you familiarize yourself with the entire website. Most topics and common questions are covered somewhere within the website. This helps us a lot! Thank you!
per night / per person / 2 meals a day included
(convert 8,000 Japanese Yen to $USD EURO $CDN)
# of nights stay – total cost – 10% deposit – total amount due at time of stay
5 nights stay Y 40,000 Y 4,000 Y 34,000
6 nights stay Y 48,000 Y 4,800 Y 43,200
7 nights stay Y 56,000 Y 5,600 Y 50,400
8 nights stay Y 64,000 Y 6,400 Y 57,600
9 nights stay Y 72,000 Y 7,200 Y 64,800
10 night stay Y 80,000 Y 8,000 Y 72,000
11 night stay Y 88,000 Y 8,800 Y 79,200
12 night stay Y 96,000 Y 9,600 Y 86,400
13 night stay Y104,000 Y 10,400 Y 93,600
14 night stay Y112,000 Y 11,200 Y 100,800
How To Book A Stay
- Check Date Availability: Make sure the approximate dates you want are available. See our Booking Availability Status in the sidebar on the right, and then if your dates seem to be available send us an email asking for confirmation of your tentative dates at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are absolutely sure of your dates and wish to confirm your stay with first contact, you may begin with step 3…
- Holding your preferred dates: If you would like us to temporarily hold some specific dates for you while you book your travel, we are happy to do so. Tell us the date range you want us to hold, and we will do so generally for at least one week. This is not a confirmation of your stay however. It is your responsibility to maintain communication regarding held dates. They are not guaranteed.
- Confirm Your Exact Dates of Stay by filling out and sending us the Guest Application Questionnaire below. This can either be copied and pasted into an email of typed out in any format and sent to us at email@example.com.
- Confirmation and Deposit: When we have accepted your Guest Application Questionnaire and finalized your dates, we require a minimum 10% deposit. See chart above for exact amounts corresponding to the length of your stay.
How to make your downpayment – There are 4 ways to pay:
A. 10% deposit by PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is our preferred means of deposit payment. Please pay in Japanese Yen by selecting the correct currency on PayPal. PayPal is safe, simple, and secure.
B. Interac Email Transfer (Canadian bank account holders only)C. Western Union Ask us for additional details.D. 10% downpayment in cash via traceable mail or courier. Ask us for details.
- Once Your Stay is Confirmed please read carefully and print the following page: Arrival Day at the Retreat.
Guest Application Questionnaire
Complete the application below for each guest or family.
Please email us the completed questionnaire at email@example.com.
We will get back to you, usually within 24 hours, and confirm your stay.
We reserve the right to refuse any applicant.
Country of Residence:
Telephone number(s) (at home, intl cellphone, or in Japan):
Previous Experience with Buddhism or Meditation (not required):
Personal expectations from your stay (not required):
Duration of Stay: 00 nights
Preferred dates of stay: checkin date: Checkout date:
Dietary restrictions or preferences:
Health Issues/Medical Conditions:
Essential Booking Information
- 5 night minimum stay requirement for all guests. *
- 14-night maximum stay. *
- OFF-Site Activities are optional and may involve additional cost. *
- Payments of balance are generally made in cash once at the retreat. *
- Rates shown are for ONE GUEST, not one room. There is no reduction in cost if you choose to share a room. *
* For additional explanation of these points see our FAQ section.
Discounts are available for those in need and who would benefit from a longer stay. Discounts are determined on a case by case basis. Please submit a written explanation of your situation and we will consider you for a discount.
Seasonal Considerations are discussed at the bottom of this page. Be aware of these before you book!
Travel VISA Assistance? Citizens of certain countries may need a formal invitation and other assistance to obtain a travel visa to visit Japan. Learn more HERE.
By booking a stay at Shōganji Zen Retreat and choosing to stay at Shōganji Zen Retreat you agree to and consent to the Zen Retreat Waiver of Liability.
Once Your Stay is Confirmed please read and print the following page: Arrival Day at the Retreat.